The club may change this policy from time to time. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15 May 2018.
How we receive your information
We may receive information about you when you contact us directly, via our website or when you become a member.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and date of birth/age;
- contact information including postal address, email address, phone number (landline and mobile);
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
What we do with the information we gather
We will use your information which we receive from you for a variety of purposes, including:
- Internal record keeping
- Training and Competition entry
- Share data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions
- Share data with club committee members to enter events
- Share data with facility providers to manage access to venues
- Share data with leagues, county/regional/national associations (and county schools’ associations) and other competition providers for entry to events
- Funding and Reporting purposes
- Anonymised data shared with funding partners as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority or sponsors
- Anonymised data analysed to monitor club trends
- Membership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments
- Share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events
- Publishing of competition results
- Website management
- Sending a club newsletter
- Sending information about selling club kit, merchandising or fundraising
- We will store club members’ data in our records keeping software, “Golden Records” in order to provide members with handicaps, classifications, certificates, prizes and badges. The data stored includes: Name, address, telephone number(s), membership number, age category, gender, bow type(s), date of birth (if under 18), place shot and scores.
When you become a member of or renew your membership with the Bowmen of Wadebridge you will automatically be registered as a member of Archery GB and the relevant County and Region (GWAS); Devon & Cornwall Archery Society (DCAS). We will provide Archery GB with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (http://agb.sport80.com) which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings. If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with Archery GB, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information provided.
We try to keep our website secure by using an SSL Certificate (https://). However we ask you to recognise that when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
The collection or use of your personal information can be restricted in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, either online or in hard copy, look for the box that indicates how you wish to be contacted or ensure that you state your preferences. You may change your mind at any time by contacting the secretary at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Your contact details will only be held for 1 year after the end of the membership year in which you ceased to be a member. If you have achieved a club record(s) as a member of the club, your name, age, category and bow style(s) will be kept and associated with that record until the record is beaten by another club member.
If you have given us your personal details and you are not a member of the club, we will keep those details on record for a maximum of 1 year from your most recent contact, unless you expressly permit otherwise.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.